MADISON, N.J., June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services, announced that Marilyn Wasser, executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, was named as the 2014 NJBIZ General Counsel of the Year among large public companies with revenues over $1 billion. Other finalists in this category included the general counsels from Bayer HealthCare, Wyndham Worldwide, Cognizant Technology Solutions, CIT Group and Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories.
"We are pleased with this recognition of Marilyn's leadership and sage counsel to our company," said Richard A. Smith, Realogy's chairman, chief executive officer and president. "She is a most deserving recipient of this award."
Under Wasser's guidance, the Realogy legal department excels in capital market transactions, franchise counseling, litigation and registration, global trademark and trade name protection, employment and benefits law, litigation defense, real estate law across 50 states, IT and vendor contracting, leasing, state title laws, housing regulations and mergers and acquisitions practice. This expertise facilitates in-house coverage of over 90% of the many thousands of legal matters that occur on a domestic and international basis each year for the Company. In March 2014, Realogy received recognition as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Wasser has served as Realogy's general counsel since May 2007. Before joining Realogy, she spent 24 years in the telecommunications industry with Telcordia, AT&T and AT&T Wireless.Winners of the 2014 NJBIZ General Counsel of the Year Awards were selected by an independent panel of judges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV