Praxair, Inc. (NYSE:PX) today announced the start-up of its new 600 tons per day air separation unit in Memphis, Tennessee, expanding the company’s ability to supply gaseous and liquid oxygen, nitrogen and argon to customers across the southeastern United States. Praxair operates multiple plants and pipelines throughout the region that serve numerous industrial gas customers, including Nucor Steel Memphis and the Valero Memphis Refinery.
Using state-of-the-art technology, energy efficient processes and argon recovery, the facility will serve liquid-product customers, including the region’s growing automotive industry.
“Our new investment strengthens Praxair’s position as a leading supplier of industrial gases and will support our growing business in the region,” said Jeff Barnhard, East Region vice president for Praxair’s U.S. Industrial Gases. “The plant will further enable Praxair to serve the full spectrum of customer needs, from cylinder gases to bulk and on-site gases.”
About PraxairPraxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company with 2013 sales of $12 billion, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV