LONDON, June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hertz Car Sales ( www.HertzCarSales.co.uk), part of the Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), and Murphy Prototypes are preparing for the famous 2014 Le Mans 24 Hour race on June 14th. Hertz Car Sales is the primary sponsor of the impressive Murphy Prototypes team for the 2014 European Le Mans Series. The sponsorship provides Hertz with an effective platform to showcase the Hertz Car Sales and Rent2Buy brands in Europe and beyond.
Michel Taride, Group President, Hertz International, said: "The Le Mans 24 Hour race is a thrilling event watched by thousands of motoring enthusiasts across the world. This partnership gives us a way to support a fantastic team as well as raise awareness of the fact that Hertz also sells cars."
Rui Ferreira, Vice President Fleet Remarketing, Hertz Car Sales, added: "The Murphy Prototypes team has already achieved some encouraging results during the 2014 European Le Mans series and Hertz Car Sales has thoroughly enjoyed being part of the action. The hard work and dedication of the team has shown throughout the series and we wish Murphy's men the best of luck as they take to the track."
The Le Mans 24 Race boasts the world's largest live audience for any sporting event, with over 280,000 people attending. During the event a respected and experienced line up of drivers including Formula 1 driver and Sky Formula 1 presenter Karun Chandhok, Marussia Formula 1 test driver Rodolfo Gonzalez and GP2 Driver Nathanael Berthon will once again be representing the Hertz Car Sales Murphy Prototypes team. The 8.5 mile Circuit de la Sarthe is known to push drivers to the limit of their ability as they endure the renowned 24 hour marathon race.Greg Murphy, Team Principal, Murphy Prototypes, commented: "Hertz Car Sales has been a brilliant and enthusiastic partner throughout the 2014 European Le Mans series. Their help has been invaluable as we seek to carry forward our success from the previous campaign and achieve our aim of winning the race. The whole team is looking forward to having millions of eyes watching us as we compete in this world famous event." As part of the agreement, Hertz Car Sales branding will appear on the tailfin of the Murphy Prototypes LMP2 Nissan V8-powered Oreca 03, the team truck, the mobile garage and all team clothing. The sponsorship will ensure significant broadcast media exposure for the Hertz Car Sales brand as well as a variety of corporate hospitality opportunities across Europe. The Hertz Car Sales sponsorship agreement with Murphy Prototypes began on April 19th at the Silverstone, England race. Hertz Car Sales also supported the team in the four hour race of Imola at the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Italy on May 18th. The company will continue its support of the team as the 2014 Le Mans Series visits Austria, Portugal, and France again later this year. Murphy Prototypes completed a very successful official test at Le Mans on Sunday 1 st June, with Karun Chandhok setting the fastest lap in the afternoon session in the LMP2. Having finished the session 2nd in the LMP2 class, Murphy's men are confident that the team can challenge for victory at 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours. Notes to Editors:
- Fans can keep up to date with all Murphy Prototypes and Hertz Car Sales developments by visiting www.murphyprototypes.com and on twitter @murphyprototype.
- More information on Hertz Car Sales and Hertz Rent2Buy is available on www.hertzcarsales.co.uk.
- 4 Hours of Silverstone
- Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone, United Kingdom 19 April
- 4 Hour of Impola
- Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola, Italy 18 May
- 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Circuit de la Sarthe, Le Mans, France 14 – 15 June
- 4 Hours of Red Bull Ring
- Red Bull Ring, Spielberg, Austria 20 July
- 4 Hours of Le Castellet
- Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France 14 September
- 5 Hours of Estoril
- Autodromo do Estoril, Estoril, Portugal 19 October
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV