Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE), the leading global network of exchanges and clearing houses, today provided an update in relation to the transition of the Liffe futures and options contracts to the ICE futures exchanges, trading platform and clearing infrastructure.
On June 9, 2014, the following Liffe U.S. interest rate futures were successfully transitioned to ICE Futures Europe and ICE Clear Europe.
- Three-Month Eurodollar Futures
- US Agency DTCC GCF Repo Index ® Futures
- US Mortgage-Backed Securities DTCC GCF Repo Index ® Futures
- US Treasury DTCC GCF Repo Index ® Futures
The transition of DTCC GCF Repo Index futures and Eurodollar futures involved our global customer base with 261k contracts being transferred to ICE Clear Europe and US $61 million margin held at the clearing house on the morning of June 9, 2014.
Separately, the Liffe U.S. MSCI equity index and precious metal futures contracts will transition to ICE Futures U.S. and ICE Clear U.S. on June 30, 2014, where they will trade alongside ICE’s Russell index futures and agricultural commodity contracts.Following the successful separation of the Liffe and Euronext businesses earlier this year, the transition of Liffe’s European interest rate, agriculture and equity derivatives markets remains on track to migrate to ICE Futures Europe by the end of 2014 and based on the schedule below. This will centralise ICE’s global interest rate portfolio on one exchange and trading platform, maximising operational and capital efficiencies for customers.
|Liffe Agricultural Commodities (Coffee, Sugar, Cocoa, Feed Wheat)||September 2014|
|Liffe European Interest Rates (Bonds, Sterling (including mid curves), Swapnote, Euroswiss, 1 mth Eonia)||October 2014|
|Liffe European Interest Rates (Euribor, Euro mid-curve, 3 mth Eonia)||November 2014|
|Liffe Equity Derivatives (Equity indices, single stock futures and options)||November 2014|
- A pro-rata, allocation based matching model, an important feature for the interest rate markets
- Enhanced wash trade prevention protections, including ICE’s Self-Trade prevention Functionality
- Improved pre-trade risk management technology, interval price limit circuit breakers and sophisticated messaging policies to maintain highly efficient, orderly and reliable markets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV