NBG story updated from 10:52 a.m. with new information in third paragraph.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) --National Bank of Greece (NBG) was added to the "model portfolio" of JPMorgan's European banking analysts Monday, who also added Banco Popular to the list following last week's moves by the European Central Bank to improve funding to the banking sector.
The analysts led by Kian Abouhossein also upgraded Banco Popular to overweight from neutral. National Bank of Greece was already rated "overweight."
U.S.-listed shares of National Bank of Greece were up 2.99% to $4.14 in midday trades in New York. Shares of Banco Popular were higher by 4.62% to $5.45.
The ECB on Thursday announced "a series of targeted longer-term refinancing operations (TLTROs) aimed at improving bank lending to the euro area non-financial private sector, excluding loans to households for house purchase, over a window of two years."
These loans "were significantly better than expected and could lead to a strong take-up by banks," Abouhossein wrote.Follow @dan_freed >> Read More:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV