HØRSHOLM, Denmark, June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
First sublingual allergy immunotherapy tablet with robust results in allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma. Data supports European regulatory filing in 2H 2014
Today, ALK (ALKB:DC / OMX: ALK B / AKABY / AKBLF) has presented key trial results on its new sublingual allergy immunotherapy tablet (SLIT-tablet) for house dust mite (HDM) respiratory allergic diseases at the 2014 Annual Congress of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The ALK HDM SLIT-tablet works by addressing the underlying causes of HDM respiratory allergic diseases. It is the first allergy immunotherapy product with a comprehensive clinical development programme aimed at treating both upper and lower airway manifestations of HDM induced allergic respiratory diseases (namely allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma, respectively).Together, the MITRA and MERIT trials involved more than 1,800 patients. The trials form part of the largest clinical development programme in the history of allergy immunotherapy, involving more than 5,000 patients from Europe, North America and Japan. MITRA trial in allergic asthma The MITRA trial (MT-04) was initiated by ALK in 2011 to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the HDM SLIT-tablet compared to placebo in patients with HDM-induced asthma not fully controlled with medium to high dose inhaled corticosteroid (ICS). The primary endpoint of the trial was reduction in the risk of moderate-to-severe asthma exacerbation during ICS reduction as measured by the time to the first exacerbation. The MITRA trial met its primary clinical endpoint. Patients who received the dose of 12 SQ-HDM experienced a significant improvement in their asthma control as evident by a 34% reduction in risk of suffering a moderate-to-severe asthma exacerbation during the withdrawal of inhaled corticosteroids.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV