ST. LOUIS, June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) Annual Meeting, GE Healthcare introduced its Discovery* IQ^ PET/CT system, enabling both outstanding image quality and intelligent quantitation, helping physicians deliver the best possible patient outcomes.
Discovery IQPhysicians not only want the ability to detect smaller lesions, but also the ability to determine earlier whether the patient is responding to current treatment. With the highest sensitivity in the industry (up to 22 cps/kBq), the largest axial field-of-view (up to 26 cm) and quantitative SUV measurements physicians can trust, Discovery IQ provides an essential tool to delivering personalized patient care. It enables physicians with the ability to see smaller lesions, scan faster with lower dose and improved image quality, read more efficiently, and reach more patients.
"By 2020, it's estimated that 50% of people will develop cancer at some point in their lives and we also know that currently approximately 70% of cancer patients do not respond to their initial chemotherapy treatment," said Steve Gray, president and CEO of GE Healthcare MICT. "I'm excited to introduce the Discovery IQ to help physicians with their primary mission of delivering the best possible patient outcomes. And, we've focused on designing the system to make it as accessible as possible to more people in more places, to ensure high-performance PET/CT clinical care is available to whomever needs it."
Some key innovative features of Discovery IQ include:
- GE Healthcare's Q.Clear PET reconstruction technology, providing up to 2x improvement in both image quality and quantitation accuracy.
- A fully scalable system, allowing for the ability to upgrade as department needs change.
- This platform will be available also for the mobile market – enabling the latest technology across both fixed and mobile environments.
- The new platform design and the new LightBurst detector technology allow for whole organ imaging via fast scans at low dose to help maximize patient comfort and safety.
- Fast electronics and a dual acquisition channel that enables high quantitative accuracy for all clinically relevant tracers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV