3M today announced that Nicholas C. Gangestad has been appointed senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective immediately. Nick replaces David W. Meline, who is leaving to become chief financial officer with another large publicly traded company.
Gangestad is a longtime leader at 3M. He served as corporate controller and chief accounting officer for the past three years, working closely with 3M Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Inge G. Thulin, to drive 3M strategies, improving its businesses and optimizing its capital structure.
“Nick is an outstanding and respected financial leader amongst a very strong 3M finance team," said Thulin. “He has a proven track record of success and is ideally suited for the 3M chief financial officer role.”
Gangestad’s 27-year 3M career encompasses financial leadership positions across several businesses in multiple geographic regions, including the United States, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Canada.About 3M 3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $31 billion in sales, 3M employs 89,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV