BATTLE CREEK, Mich., June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New York Times best-selling author, Emmy nominated TV personality and board-certified emergency medicine physician, Dr. Travis Stork, is partnering with Kellogg's® to educate families about the importance of breakfast and the positive nutrition they can get from a simple bowl of Kellogg's cereal and milk.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7225531-kelloggs-recharge-bar/
Kellogg's® will work to help families cut through the nutrition clutter and educate them on the importance of protein and grains that can be found in a serving of Kellogg's cereal and one cup of skim milk to help them fuel right each morning. Grains and protein are essential nutrients that can be found in one serving of their favorite Kellogg's cereal, like All Bran®, Frosted Mini-Wheats® Raisin Bran®, and Special K™ Original, and one cup of skim milk. This powerful combination of protein and grains helps recharge the body.
Stork recommends families get protein in every meal as it's essential to satisfying hunger and maintaining a healthy weight. "I am a big believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day," said Dr. Stork. "It's not just whether you eat it, but what you eat, and having protein with whole grains during breakfast is a great option. Protein is an essential building block for the body and whole grains provide energy. Starting the day with a cereal and milk breakfast, like a bowl of Kellogg's All-Bran® and one cup of milk, is an easy and convenient way to get the day started right."Additionally, Stork notes the potential benefits of a cereal and milk breakfast*:
- Whole grains help to efficiently refuel after the overnight fast, and protein helps retain and rebuild muscle mass that can be lost daily by the body.
- Cereal and milk is a leading source of 10 nutrients in people's diets, making it a nutritious choice for the number of calories it provides. 1
- A serving of cereal, like Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats and one cup of skim milk can provide nutrients many people may not get enough of, including fiber, calcium, Vitamin D and potassium.
- The top three nutrition elements that people say they are looking for in their breakfast are fiber, whole grains and protein. A bowl of cereal and milk can be one the easiest ways to get all three of those elements 2 and at only 50 cents a bowl 3.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV