WATERLOO, ON, June 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - World ranked number two LPGA player Inbee Park, from South Korea, tied a course record at Grey Silo Golf Course in Waterloo, Ontario with a 10-under 61, making this her tenth LPGA Tour title. Park finished three shots ahead of world ranked number 13 Cristie Kerr. She was awarded the winners cheque of USD$225,000.
"Congratulations to Inbee Park, the 2014 champion of the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic," said Marianne Harrison, President and CEO, Manulife Canada. "Fans were treated to some of the world's best golf and their support of the tournament was outstanding. We look forward to bringing the world to Waterloo Region once again in 2015."
The 25-year-old played the front nine in 5-under 31 and had only one bogey in the entire tournament - on the fourth hole in the first round on Thursday. Park becomes the third different player to win the Manulife Financial LPGA. Previously, Park finished tied for 14th in 2013, and tied for 2nd in 2012, losing in a four-player, three-hole playoff. Park is projected to remain at No. 2 in the Rolex Women's World Golf Rankings."It's really exciting to see how proud the community is to have this world-class event in Waterloo Region," stated Richard Kuypers, Tournament Director for the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic. "I want to thank Manulife for their commitment to the tournament and volunteerism. We are grateful to the volunteers, fans, players, Grey Silo Golf Course, St. Mary's General Hospital and everyone who played a role in making this tournament one of the player's favourite stops on the tour." Volunteerism was an important component of the tournament with 1,000 volunteers performing a variety of essential duties including transportation, shuttle services, marshals, walking scorers, operations, and player and caddie hospitality at the tournament.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV