NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, took a closer look at Morgan Stanley's upgrade of Molson Coors Brewing (TAP) to equal weight from underweight.
Although the upgrade by itself isn't that exciting, Cramer said "something fishy" appears to be going on, considering that the upgrade has come so late after the stock's price appreciation.
He reasoned that the analyst did not want to have the equivalent of a sell rating on TAP ahead of some potentially big news. Perhaps Altria (MO) will sell its stake in Sabmiller, Cramer said.
Will Molson Coors Brewing buy that stake? What about AmBev (ABEV)?
"There's going to be a deal in this beer world," and it could come within the next 10 days, Cramer said.
Some of the clear winners in the beer industry are AmBev, Molson Coors and Constellation Brands (STZ), he concluded.--- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell Biotech Stock Mailbag: Zafgen, Bluebird, Mannkind Is American Apparel Fit for a Buyer?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV