NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Google (GOOG) are up 0.36% to $555.92 in midday trading today.
The Internet giant is looking to grow its music streaming business, and Google CEO Larry Page may be in talks to acquire Songza, a competitor to Pandora (P), according to the New York Post.
Google is reportedly offering about $15 million for Songza, sources said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Last month, Google announced its music streaming service called Google Play Music All Access Subscription Service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV