For its May-ended first quarter, the drugstore chain expects net income between $35 million and $45 million with adjusted earnings of 4 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast $76 million in net income and earnings of 8 cents a share.
For fiscal 2015 ending next February, Rite Aid lowered its EPS estimate to 30 cents to 40 cents, down from its previous range of 31 cents to 42 cents a share.
- RAD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- RITE AID CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RITE AID CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.22 versus $0.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus $0.22).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RAD's share price has jumped by 182.15%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The gross profit margin for RITE AID CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.13%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.83% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $194.13 million or 11.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RAD Ratings Report
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV | More videos from Keris Alison Lahiff