SAN FRANCISCO, June 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With hot weather already here, and more to come, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) is highlighting discount programs, tips, and tools to help its customers save money during hot summer days.
"With heat waves already kicking in, we want to work with our customers and their families to help them save money and energy," said Steve Malnight, Vice President of Customer Energy Solutions for PG&E. "We offer a variety of rate plans, discount programs, energy efficiency incentives, and bill payment options to help them meet their energy needs as affordably as possible this summer."
PG&E is encouraging its customers to log onto the utility's free My Energy portal, which offers information on rates, savings opportunities, and bill payment options. Here are a few tips and tools from PG&E:
- Discount programs are an easy way customers can stay on budget this summer and year-round. For customers who qualify, discounted rates are offered through the California Alternate Rates for Energy ( CARE) program. My Energy also tells customers whether they can save money through special seasonal plans like SmartRate. And the Energy Savings Assistance program provides income-qualified households with free energy upgrades, including weatherproofing, lighting, appliances and more.
- Keeping up with the Joneses isn't something customers want when it comes to higher bills. With My Energy, customers can see at a glance how their energy use compares to others in their neighborhood. If they get inspired to save, customers can check out a list of simple tips, or visit PG&E's Home Energy Saver, a virtual tour that points customers to rebates and buying guides to help them invest in more efficient appliances, lighting, and electronics, which can quickly pay for themselves in lower energy bills.
- Customers who want to save even more by increasing their home's overall energy efficiency can get up to $4,500 in incentives from PG&E through the statewide Energy Upgrade California program.
- Finally, customers can smooth out their bills, avoiding summer surprises, by signing up for the Balanced Payment Plan which automatically estimates the total bill cost based on the customers average energy use.
About PG&EPacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with more than 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit www.pge.com/ and http://www.pge.com/about/newsroom/. http://www.pgecurrents.com http://www.facebook.com/pacificgasandelectric http://www.twitter.com/pge4me http://www.linkedin.com/company/pacific-gas-and-electric-company http://www.youtube.com/user/pgevideo SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV