Are You Ready for Some Hockey Off the Rink? Check Out These Stocks
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Last weekend, I was clicking around Forbes.com, checking out what is going on in the market. I ran across an excellent article by Richard Lehmann, How to Get Income Without Growth. It was uplifting and solid and Lehmann gave excellent recommendations of regarding Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) and closed-end funds, including Williams Partners (WPZ).
But then, as I was starting to research MLPs, my attention was stolen by this ....
The Business Of Hockey
... and that was that.
It's exciting in hockey right now. The LA Kings leading one game to none in the Stanley Cup championship final against the New York Rangers. (Go Kings!)
Here are some suggestions: There are a few companies related to hockey whose stock I would like to buy, but can't because they are privately held including, Sports Authority, Hockey Monkey (Monkey Sports, Inc.), Hockey Giant (SportsGiant), Easton, Warrior, and Zamboni. Yes, Zamboni, the ice rink cleaner company. Other companies that might score from a successful NHL playoff include the teams' sponsors, such as Wells Fargo (WFC), McDonald's (MCD), Toyota (TM), JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Anheuser-Busch (BUD), Coca-Cola (KO), Delta (DAL), AT&T (T), and the Bank of Montreal (BMO), all listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV