CHICAGO, June 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Chevrolet to donate pop-up soccer pitch, 2014 Silverado pickup truck and trailer to Beyond the Ball to help foster play in areas associated with gang culture
- Manchester United legend Gary Bailey, volunteer coaches to help local children improve skills, build self-esteem, resolve conflict
Chevrolet today will donate a pop-up soccer pitch to help Beyond the Ball, a youth and community development organization, transform a neighborhood associated with gang culture into a place where children can play and learn valuable life skills.
Chevrolet also will donate a 2014 Silverado pickup truck and trailer to the organization, which plans to use the equipment in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
Manchester United soccer legend Gary Bailey and Chicago Alderman Ricardo Munoz will attend the donation ceremony in Little Village this afternoon."Chevrolet's support will allow us to build better street soccer programs and spread play to areas where it's needed most," said Rob Castaneda, founder and executive director of Beyond the Ball. "It's proven that play provides children with resilience and helps them better manage stress. Our goal is not to take the kids out of the community but enhance the neighborhood for them, turning violent streets into more playful and peaceful places." Activities during today's ceremony will include a soccer skills clinic, a tournament with dozens of local children and a donation of 250 nearly indestructible One World Futbol soccer balls. Chevrolet also is providing training for local soccer coaches so they can teach children to use the sport to build self-esteem and resolve conflict. Today's donation is part of Chevrolet's global "What Do You #PlayFor?" campaign, which launched in March and celebrates how play can transform communities where it is needed most.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV