CHICAGO, June 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines brings its new airport lounge design concept to San Francisco International Airport this Sunday, June 8, as the airline opens a new United Club lounge near its ultra-modern Boarding Area E in Terminal 3.
At more than 5,000 square feet, the new San Francisco United Club will be located on the airport's mezzanine level. Vintage black-and-white United photos decorate the walls of the club, which offers members bar and cafe areas, abundant power outlets, and, as with all United Club lounges, complimentary snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi. Members may relax in any of more than 100 seats, from lounge chairs to the signature Arne Jacobsen "Egg" chair.
This club will be the latest to feature the airline's new United Club design concept, following clubs in Chicago, Seattle, San Diego, Boston and London.
"This new United Club is a stepping stone toward delivering an end-to-end experience at San Francisco International Airport that makes our customers' travel enjoyable, relaxing and productive," said Jimmy Samartzis, United vice president of customer experience. " San Francisco is important to United Airlines as our gateway to the Pacific and as a key hub in our network. Our continued investments reinforce our commitment to this valuable market."The new club will operate in addition to United Club lounges at San Francisco's domestic Terminal 3 Boarding Area F and in the airport's International Terminal. The location opening Sunday will remain in use until United completes a larger club, scheduled to open near Boarding Area E in 2015. United Investments This is one of several investments United is making, so that its customers can be comfortable, connected and entertained when they travel. The airline also offers:
- Premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled long-haul international flight to and from the continental United States
- More opportunities for extra-legroom economy seating than any other U.S. airline
- Satellite Wi-Fi installed on almost 250 aircraft so far, including United's entire Airbus fleet and all of its Boeing 747s in service, with most of the airline's mainline aircraft outfitted with Wi-Fi by the end of 2014
- An all-new mobile application for iOS 7 and Android platforms, offering customers innovative new features, better functionality and an improved touch-friendly design
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts