NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Top Ships (TOPS) stock is plummeting Friday after the company priced an underwritten offering of 10 million shares of common stock and warrants to purchase 5 million common shares, at $2 per share and $0.000001 per warrant.
The warrants have an exercise price of $2.50 per share, are exercisable immediately, and will expire five years from the date of issuance.
Underwriters have also been granted a 45-day overallotment option to purchase up to an additional 1.5 million shares or 750,000 warrants.The offering, expected to close June 11, will likely generate gross proceeds of just over $20 million. "Net proceeds of this offering are expected to be used to finance part of Top Ship's contractual commitments in relation to its fleet and for working capital and general corporate purposes," the company said in a statement.
Aegis Capital Corp will act as sole book-running manager of the offering.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV