In a note to investors UBS said that Quicksilver is still a top-pick on its M&A list. The firm said that Quicksilver's relationship with VF Corp (VFC) could give it an advantage to turn around.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, QUIKSILVER INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$11.31 million or 148.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ZQK has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 22.06% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.35 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, ZQK's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.45, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- ZQK, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZQK Ratings Report