New Lifetime High Today: Ingredion (INGR)
- INGR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.4 million.
- INGR has traded 6,342 shares today.
- INGR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INGR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INGR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INGR: Ingredion Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells starch and sweetener ingredients to various industries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. INGR has a PE ratio of 16.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Ingredion a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ingredion has been 455,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ingredion has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 2% with 4.97 days to cover. Shares are up 11.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ingredion as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.72, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, INGR has a quick ratio of 1.91, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 503.33% to $121.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INGREDION INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -27.01%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- INGREDION INC's earnings per share declined by 31.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INGREDION INC reported lower earnings of $5.06 versus $5.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.51 versus $5.06).
- You can view the full Ingredion Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.