Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) today announced that it has completed the acquisition of the remaining minority stake of Alfred C. Toepfer International, and is working on integrating Toepfer’s operations into ADM’s.
“The completion of the Toepfer acquisition is an important step for ADM’s Agricultural Services division to become a full value chain from origination to destination,” said Joe Taets, senior vice president and president, Agricultural Services. “We can now fully combine ADM’s integrated supply chain, global origination network and risk-management expertise with Toepfer’s strong global marketing and distribution capabilities.”
Since 2002, ADM has owned 80 percent of Toepfer; through today’s transaction, ADM acquired the remaining stake from Union InVivo for €83 million.
Toepfer is a global merchandiser of agricultural commodities and processed products, through its network of 37 offices worldwide. Toepfer also operates inland, river, and export facilities in Argentina, Bulgaria, Canada, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, and the United States.About ADM For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 31,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 270 processing plants, 470 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 140 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV