5 Cliches That Will Keep You From Making Money
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When you interview 1,200 of the world's wealthiest people over the past 30 years -- and you're a self-made multi-millionaire yourself -- you know all too well the conventional wisdom on wealth doesn't hold up under serious scrutiny.
That's the deal with Steve Siebold, author of How Rich People Think and a serious student of what makes people rich -- and what doesn't, including those so-called "money phrases" or cliches.
"Be careful. Some of these seemingly harmless phrases about money can actually interfere with the wealth-building process," Siebold says.
"Most of us learn about money from people who don't understand it, and who are well-intentioned people of influence who propagate their ignorance of what wealth means and how it's acquired," Siebold says. "These well-known money cliches that most people use are ingrained in our memory early on, and are rarely if ever questioned. Is it any wonder that most of us are broke?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV