NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." - John Maxwell
On Thursday we saw stocks continue to move. A few new ones we've been eyeing really took off from buy levels.
The indices began to move, with strong volume. There was superb action Thursday that we have been looking for and are taking advantage of.
We added more to Baidu
(BIDU), Clovis Oncology
(CLVS) and Illumina
(ILMN) Thursday and we're still holding Flextronics
(FLEX), Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
(REGN) and Google
(GOOGL), while we started new positions in Amazon
(AMZN) and Vipshop
Regeneron isn't working great yet but not showing a loss either.
SPY broke my 193 most recent buy level Wednesday and has now accelerated higher on increasing volume, which is key. The 196 to 198 areas are now in play. We should rest and consolidate once we hit that area, but I have to see the action at those levels to know how to gauge what happens next. All in all, a great day and we should see many more of these over the summer.
For more insight, I look at specific stocks in the members-only section of my site WizzenTrading.com. Real-Time members are seeing me take these trades at the right time and are with me on them!
>> Read More: June 5 Premarket Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know Markets Snap Back on Renewed Confidence in Homegrown Growth
At the time of publication, the author held positions in BIDU, CLVS, ILMN, FLEX, REGN, GOOGL, AMZN and VIPS. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV