3 Stocks Advancing The Drugs Industry
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.All three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) trading up 100 points (0.6%) at 16,838 as of Thursday, June 5, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 2,349 issues advancing vs. 623 declining with 153 unchanged.The Drugs industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.6%. Top gainers within the Drugs industry included Reliv' International (RELV), up 2.9%, EntreMed (ENMD), up 2.3%, Celsus Therapeutics (CLTX), up 1.6%, Redhill Biopharma (RDHL), up 1.6% and Codexis (CDXS), up 4.2%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today:Redhill Biopharma (RDHL) is one of the companies that pushed the Drugs industry higher today. Redhill Biopharma was up $0.25 (1.6%) to $16.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,659 shares of Redhill Biopharma exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.30-$16.78 after having opened the day at $16.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.48. RedHill Biopharma Ltd., a biopharmaceutical company, acquires and develops late clinical-stage, proprietary formulations, and combinations of existing drugs. Redhill Biopharma has a market cap of $147.3 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 39.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Redhill Biopharma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates Redhill Biopharma as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on RDHL go as follows:
- RDHL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 175025.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RDHL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, REDHILL BIOPHARMA LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- REDHILL BIOPHARMA LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REDHILL BIOPHARMA LTD reported poor results of -$1.70 versus -$0.70 in the prior year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV