3 Consumer Goods Stocks Nudging The Sector Higher
- CRMB's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 73.02%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- CRUMBS BAKE SHOP INC has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CRUMBS BAKE SHOP INC reported poor results of -$1.31 versus -$0.91 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for CRUMBS BAKE SHOP INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.88%. Regardless of CRMB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CRMB's net profit margin of -42.65% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$0.54 million or 48.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.33%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Food & Staples Retailing industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$5.36 million to -$4.84 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts