3 Consumer Durables Stocks Pushing The Industry Higher
- BSET's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 171.23% to $5.34 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 151.32%.
- The gross profit margin for BASSETT FURNITURE INDS is rather high; currently it is at 55.45%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.11% trails the industry average.
- BASSETT FURNITURE INDS's earnings per share declined by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BASSETT FURNITURE INDS reported lower earnings of $0.47 versus $2.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.53 versus $0.47).
- BSET, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 17.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts