BOSTON, June 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The eight regional winners of the Massachusetts School Building Authority's My Ideal School contest sponsored by Santander Bank, N.A. gathered for an awards ceremony at the Massachusetts State House today. The contest challenged first-grade students from across the Commonwealth to illustrate their vision of an ideal school.
Eight students were named regional winners: Lauren Montiero of Bellingham, Anahi Gutierrez of Somerville, Jack Guy of Marblehead, Emma Bourbeau of Fitchburg, Belal Shabaneh of Springfield, Mariah Kennedy of Webster, Elena Sun of Falmouth and Niamh Gallagher of Lakeville.
Anahi Gutierrez of East Somerville Community School was awarded the grand prize for her drawing.
"We're pleased to support the Massachusetts School Building Authority in their efforts which have such a positive impact on so many students across the state," said Juan Davila, head of specialty banking at Santander.Mr. Davila and Pat Packard, Santander's director of government banking, presented the grand prize winner with a $200 award and recognized the seven other regional winners with $100 awards for their achievements and participation in the Massachusetts School Building Authority contest. "I'm inspired by the creativity and talent demonstrated by these young scholars, and on behalf of Santander, extend our congratulations and best wishes," said Ms. Packard. "While each of the students expressed unique visions in their drawings and accompanying remarks, a common thread was their love of learning and their deep appreciation for an attractive and supportive environment in which to do so."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV