RealD posted a loss of -10 cents a share for the fourth quarter, beating the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of -23 cents a share by 13 cents. Revenue fell -10.6% from the year-ago quarter to $40.64 million, but still beat analysts' estimates of $33.66 million for the quarter.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, REALD INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- RLD has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 21.62% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- REALD INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REALD INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.20 versus $0.65 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 85.0% in earnings (-$0.37 versus -$0.20).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $13.57 million or 9.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 9.77%, REALD INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 72.44%.
- The gross profit margin for REALD INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.22%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.48% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RLD Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV