CHICAGO, June 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Security screening in Terminal 1 at O'Hare International Airport just got more relaxing and stress-free thanks to a complete makeover.
The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) has teamed up with SpringHill Suites by Marriott, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), SecurityPoint Media and Clear Channel Airports to transform Checkpoint 3 in Terminal 1 into an inviting space that integrates the highest levels of security with a comfortable passenger experience.
"On behalf of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, we are pleased with the checkpoint transformation that incorporates passenger amenities while maintaining a safe and secure travel environment," said Rosemarie S. Andolino, CDA Commissioner. "The SpringHill Suites concept is a unique way to improve the screening process for travelers. These efforts fit perfectly with the Mayor's goal to increase the number of visitors to Chicago to 55 million by 2020. He recognizes the tremendous power of travel and tourism to grow our economy and create new jobs."
The recent transformation provides the checkpoint with the look of a modern and stylish hotel lobby. SpringHill Suites' core design elements are pulled through with sleek, modern furniture, wall art featuring calming lighting and soothing music. Comfortable lounge seating prior to the entrance of the checkpoint, as well as a welcoming post-screening area where passengers can gather their belongings, and allow for relaxed stops along the way. In addition, SpringHill Suites will bring periodic surprises and giveaways to travelers to keep them smiling along their journey.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV