CHICAGO, June 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] today released its annual Environment Report highlighting the company's commitments and accomplishments in improving environmental performance for its products and operations. The report also features Boeing's continuing progress in sustainable growth and environmental conservation efforts in the communities where its employees live and work worldwide.
"Every day, Boeing employees find new and innovative ways to serve our global customers, and they are also committed to responsible environmental leadership in our products and how we manufacture, deliver and support them," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jim McNerney. "As we look forward to our second century and building a bigger and better Boeing across the breadth and depth of our businesses and communities, we are also focused on helping build a better planet."
The report provides an update on Boeing's new environmental targets as the company balances profitable growth with cleaner operations. After achieving its first five-year set of absolute-reduction targets, Boeing has set new 2017 targets for greenhouse gas emissions, water consumption, solid waste to landfill and hazardous waste generation.
Highlights of the 2014 report include:
- Cleaner products including the launch of two new fuel-efficient airplanes – the 777X and 787-10 – and building the world's first all-electric propulsion satellite
- Future flight concepts for improved environment performance such as Boeing's liquid hydrogen-powered Phantom Eye receiving experimental aircraft status from the U.S. Air Force
- Innovations to help achieve zero growth in greenhouse gas emissions, such as the use of solar tubes in painting an airplane
- Efforts to help develop and bring to market commercialize sustainable aviation biofuel, including "green diesel"
- Performance towards the company's new operational footprint goals
- A dozen feature stories highlighting how Boeing employees are improving environmental performance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV