NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MannKind (MNKD) surged to a 52-week high of $11.11 on Thursday on high volume as the impending July 15 date for FDA approval of the company's inhaled insulin drug Afrezza approaches.
Wednesday marked what was likely the first day of significant momentum trading on MannKind with a little more than a month to go before the anticipated approval date.
The stock hit the high shortly after the market opened Thursday but then dropped below its open price of $10.90. The stock was down 2.75% to $10.25 at 10:19 a.m.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV