Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock: Fuelcell Energy (FCEL)
- FCEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.2 million.
- FCEL has traded 312,289 shares today.
- FCEL is up 3.2% today.
- FCEL was down 7.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FCEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FCEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FCEL: FuelCell Energy, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, sells, installs, operates, and services stationary fuel cell power plants for distributed baseload power generation. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Fuelcell Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Fuelcell Energy has been 20.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fuelcell Energy has a market cap of $612.0 million and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 2.11 and a short float of 17.6% with 4.96 days to cover. Shares are up 68.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fuelcell Energy as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.07 million or 116.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for FUELCELL ENERGY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.35%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FCEL's net profit margin of -23.86% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, FUELCELL ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- FCEL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.66 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.40 is sturdy.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Electrical Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$11.68 million to -$10.60 million.
- You can view the full Fuelcell Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.