NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Barnes & Noble (BKS) are up 3.86% to $19.63 after it was announced that the company's Nook e-reader business, looking to challenge Amazon.com (AMZN) and Apple (AAPL), is teaming up with Samsung Electronics (SSNLF) to create co-branded tablet computers, Bloomberg reports.
The new devices will combine the Nook software with Samsung's Galaxy Tab 4 hardware, creating full-service tablets that also can access Barnes & Noble's collection of more than three million books, magazines and newspapers, according to the company
A 7-inch model will debut in the U.S. in early August and be sold through Barnes & Noble retail locations and its website, Bloomberg said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV