The firm said it started the company, which is a domestic producer of monocrystalline sand, with a strong rating based on its exposure to the rising northern white frac sand demand.
Shares of Hi-Crush Partners are higher by 2.51% to $54.25 in pre-market trading today.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- HCLP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 184.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 119.33% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- HCLP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.85 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.60 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, HI-CRUSH PARTNERS LP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average. The net income increased by 32.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.78 million to $14.26 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HCLP Ratings Report