HONG KONG, June 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. will double its presence in Malaysia with a new agreement with AJ Resorts SDN BHD to open an oceanfront Ritz-Carlton resort on the tropical island of Langkawi, Malaysia in 2015.
The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi, fringed by lush tropical rainforests, enjoys its own private cove and beach overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Andaman Sea on the island's south west corner. Known as the Legendary Island and Jewel of Kedah, Langkawi has long been famed for its dive sites, beaches and relaxed local culture, offering a rich trove of memories for travelers.
Dato Wira Onn Bin, Executive Chairman of AJ Resorts SDN BHD said: "Partnering with The Ritz-Carlton will further elevate Langkawi as a world class destination for the international luxury traveler."
"Langkawi is one of the great escapes of Asia with its exceptional experiences on land and sea for the well-travelled guest looking for something authentic and unspoilt," said Victor Clavell, Vice President, Asia Pacific. "The ladies and gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi will bring the best of the local lifestyle and culture blending it in with our renowned service to create exceptional and memorable experiences."The 132-room luxury resort, including 42 villas, sensitively blends in with its surroundings with design elements that reflect the traditional kampong village with interiors by Strickland and Burega Farnell. The property offers a serene escape among the curated tropical gardens. The resort also offers a family-friendly escape with three swimming pools, including one specially created for children, and a specially-designed Ritz-Kids Club. The resort also serves as a base from which to explore curated authentic local experiences such as Pulau Payar marine national park.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV