- The Japan Patent Office (JPO) has issued a Decision to Grant a Patent covering RHB-104 with a 2029 expiry date
- RedHill has initiated a long-term population pharmacokinetic study with RHB-104 for Crohn's disease, designed to satisfy regulatory requirements for future potential marketing applications
- The planned number of clinical sites in the ongoing Phase III RHB-104 MAP US study has been increased to up to 90 sites in the U.S., Canada and Israel, with 44 sites already enrolling patients following regulatory approvals in all three countries
- RedHill is preparing a second Phase III study with RHB-104 for Crohn's disease in Europe (the MAP Europe study), planned to commence during the second half of the year
- RHB-104 is a proprietary and potentially groundbreaking antibiotic combination therapy in oral capsule formulation, with potent intracellular, anti-mycobacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
TEL-AVIV, Israel, June 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RedHill Biopharma Ltd. (Nasdaq:RDHL) (TASE:RDHL) (the "Company" or "RedHill"), an emerging Israeli biopharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and acquisition of late clinical-stage proprietary drugs for the treatment of inflammatory and gastrointestinal diseases and related conditions, including cancer, today reported that the Japan Patent Office (JPO) has issued a Decision to Grant a Patent for a new patent covering RHB-104 in Japan. The patent is expected to be issued during 2014 and will have a 2029 expiry date. RHB-104 is a proprietary antibiotic combination oral capsule formulation for the treatment of Crohn's disease, currently undergoing a Phase III study in the U.S., Canada and Israel (the MAP US study).
RedHill further noted that it has initiated a long-term population pharmacokinetic (Pop PK) study as part of the ongoing RHB-104 Phase III MAP US study. The Pop PK study, together with other supportive studies, including a recently completed food effect study, a drug-drug interaction (DDI) study currently being reviewed and additional clinical and other studies, are designed to satisfy various regulatory requirements for future potential marketing applications of RHB-104.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts