PHILADELPHIA, June 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Echo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECTE) ("Echo"), a medical device company developing its Symphony ® CGM System as a non-invasive, wireless continuous glucose monitoring system, is pleased to announce that its most recently completed clinical study of Symphony was selected for poster presentation at the 74 th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) which will be held June 13-17, 2014 in San Francisco, CA.
The study will be presented by the principal investigator, Jeffrey I. Joseph, D.O., Vice-Chairman and Director of Research, Department of Anesthesiology and Director of the Artificial Pancreas Center at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA, during poster presentations on Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. PT. The poster, entitled "Performance of the Symphony CGM System in Critically Ill Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Patients" (868-P), will provide an expanded analysis of data collected from the multi-center clinical trial of Echo's Symphony CGM System in post-surgical diabetic and non-diabetic patients in hospital intensive care units (ICUs).
"The Symphony CGM System demonstrated clinically relevant accuracy and excellent safety in ICU patients. While approximately 30% of critically ill patients have a history of diabetes, poor glucose control can occur in patients with or without diabetes resulting in increased length of stay and costs," commented Dr. Joseph. "A continuous glucose monitoring system that is safe, accurate and user-friendly will become an important clinical tool for maintaining glucose control in diabetic and non-diabetic hospitalized patients."
Previous clinical study results of the Symphony CGM System have also been presented at various medical conferences and published in medical journals. This May, data from an earlier study of Symphony were published in the Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV