NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of RadioShack Corp. (RSH - Get Report) are up 2.65% to $1.55 in pre-market trade as the consumer electronics goods company is teaming up with hardware manufacturer and accelerator PCH International to bring six square-foot "Powered by PCH" retail spaces to stores in the U.S., TechCrunch reports.
This area will feature hardware startups that work directly with PCH's accelerator, PCH Access, to bring their products to retail after incubation.
The partnership will be called Radio Shack Labs and will reach stores by the end of the year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 202.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$63.30 million to -$191.40 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.98 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, RSH maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.78, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, RADIOSHACK CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RADIOSHACK CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.88%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -20.46% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$139.80 million or 85.41% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RSH Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts