In front of a crowd of thousands of cheering associates at its annual Shareholders events, Walmart announced plans to rollout Savings Catcher nationwide later this summer. The receipt comparison tool gives the retailer’s customers added confidence when they shop by eliminating the need to visit multiple stores to find low prices.
Built on proprietary technology, Savings Catcher looks at other retailers’ ads and gives customers an eGift card for the difference if a competitor’s offering is lower than the price they paid at Walmart.
At launch, Savings Catcher will compare approximately 80,000 grocery and consumables purchases. In the coming months, produce and general merchandise will also be added to the tool.
“Our customers are savvier than ever when it comes to finding the best deals – they are using technology to do their research and spending hours clipping coupons. We knew there had to be an easier way,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S. “Savings Catcher offers customers yet another reason to trust us when it comes to helping them save. It brings greater price transparency to the market and gives our customers confidence that they are finding some of the best deals available in retail.”Originally available only on Walmart.com, Savings Catcher will, now, be available on Walmart’s mobile app and compares advertised prices from retailers such as Aldi, Harris-Teeter, Target, Walgreens and HEB. Here’s how it works:
- Go to www.walmart.com/savingscatcher, or the Walmart app.
- Enter the receipt number located near the bottom of a Walmart receipt.
- Enter the date of the shopping trip.
- Savings Catcher looks at the eligible items purchased at Walmart and then compares the price paid to the advertised prices in the weekly print ads of major local retailers.
- If Savings Catcher finds an advertised price that is lower than what was paid for the same exact item at Walmart, customers will receive a Walmart eGift Card for the difference.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts