NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Repsol SA (REPYY) closed down -0.68% to $26.37 on heavy trading volume after Pemex, Mexico's state oil company, said it sold most of its stake in Spanish oil and gas company for 2.09 billion euros ($2.9 billion) today, and plans to unload the rest soon, ending a quarter-century partnership and freeing up cash to invest in its own energy sector, Reuters reports.
Pemex sold 7.86% of Repsol to unspecified private investors at 20.10 euros each, a 3.7% discount to the company's closing price on Tuesday. The Mexican company later said it aimed to sell its remaining 1.4% stake in Repsol in August, Reuters said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV