4 Money Talks You Have to Have Before the Wedding
Before you head to the chapel, though, make sure you and your betrothed find time to sit down and discuss one of the most important issues affecting married couples: family finances. Study after study shows financial difficulties are the leading cause of divorce, which makes it vital to talk before wedding bells start ringing.
Joshua Kadish, a financial adviser at the RPG-Life Transition Specialists wealth management firm in Northbrook, Ill., says the conversation should start with each spouse opening up about there they stand financially, so there no big surprises later.
"Few people speak about the link between finance and relationships, yet money often acts as a major contributing factor to divorce," Kadish says. "Understanding how to navigate through financial challenges and preparing for the future will allow you to build a strong financial foundation for your relationship."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV