- Earnings per share on a non-GAAP basis was $1.47 as compared to $1.91 in the prior year’s first quarter.
- GAAP earnings per share was $0.42 as compared to the prior year’s first quarter loss per share of $(0.13).
- Revenue was $1.964 billion, an increase of 4% on a non-GAAP basis as compared to the prior year amount excluding $47 million of revenue related to the Bass business (which was sold during the fourth quarter of 2013), despite revenue in the North American businesses being under significant pressure due to unseasonably cold weather across the region. On a GAAP basis, total revenue increased 3% as compared to prior year GAAP revenue of $1.910 billion. 2013 GAAP revenue was $30 million lower than revenue on a non-GAAP basis, attributable to sales returns for certain wholesale customers in the acquired Asia business in connection with an initiative to reduce excess inventory levels. The revenue increases over the prior year were principally driven by growth in the Company’s Tommy Hilfiger business of 6% and in the Company’s Calvin Klein business of 4% on a non-GAAP basis and 9% on a GAAP basis. These increases were partially offset by a revenue decline of 2% in the Company’s Heritage Brands business excluding the $47 million of 2013 Bass revenue, or 11% including such revenue.
PVH Corp. Reports 2014 First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.