Theravance (THRX) Marked As A Dead Cat Bounce Stock
- THRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.8 million.
- THRX has traded 385,109 shares today.
- THRX is up 4.6% today.
- THRX was down 19.4% yesterday not including the $5.60 cash equivalent distribution in the form of a spin-off stock of Theravance Biopharma (TBPH). Including the spin-off the shares rose 0.2%.
- THERAVANCE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, THERAVANCE INC reported poor results of -$1.66 versus -$0.19 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 0.6% in earnings (-$1.67 versus -$1.66).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 81.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$37.36 million to -$67.70 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$50.64 million or 60.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.09 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 8.42, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Theravance Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV