Amgen (AMGN) ($119.12) and Pfizer (PFE) (29.56) jointly market Enbrel the drug Phil uses to treat his symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. Amgen is trading above its 200-day SMA at $116.01 after setting an all-time high at $128.96 on march 21. Pfizer is trading below its 200-day SMA at $30.47 after setting a multiyear intraday high at $32.96 on March 6.
Amgen has a positive weekly chart with its five-week MMA at $115.50 while Pfizer has a negative weekly chart with its five-week MMA at $29.97. The technicals thus favor Amgen over Pfizer.
Amgen has a semiannual value level at $102.54 with a monthly risky level at $122.38. Pfizer has an annual value level at $23.35 with semiannual pivots at $28.78 and $29.20 with a monthly risky level at $33.10.
Barclays (BCS) ($16.19) is below its 200-day SMA at $16.62 and has a negative weekly chart with its five-week MMA at $16.57 and 200-week SMA at $15.07. Semiannual; value levels are $13.70 and $12.74 with a quarterly pivot at $16.61 and monthly risky level at $17.06. Good endorsement, sell the stock.Exxon Mobil (XOM) ($100.23) set an all-time intraday high at $103.45 on May 7 but its weekly chart shifts to negative given a close this week below its five-week MMA at $100.04. A semiannual value level is $91.91 with a semiannual pivot at $100.97 with an annual risky level at $108.71. Use the fuel, sell the stock. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff >>Read more: Where to Buy Dad a Cheap iPhone for Father's Day
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV