CHICAGO, June 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading online travel company Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW) has partnered with Puerto Rico Tourism Co. to launch "Orbitz Originals: Secrets of Puerto Rico," a 10-part online video series that is hosted by award-winning travel expert Richard Bangs and is available for viewing at Orbitz.com/PuertoRico. Supported by hotel discounts of up to 20 percent off and substantial flight and hotel package savings, this ninth installment of the "Orbitz Originals" series once again harnesses the power of online video to inspire travelers and increase bookings to this beautiful Caribbean destination.
Research indicates that online video is an important source of inspiration in the travel planning process, with 64 percent of travelers watching online video when choosing a destination and 62 percent watching online video when looking for activities offered at a particular destination. 1 "Orbitz Originals: Secrets of Puerto Rico" showcases the tropical paradise's many accommodations, activities and adventures, created to entice travelers to visit and experience it all for themselves. Using colorful descriptions and his expert perspective, Bangs takes viewers on an engaging tour of Puerto Rico's many offerings.
Select highlights from the 10-part series:
- "Puerto Rico Adventures" gives viewers an overview of all of the high-adventure that awaits on the island, including a trip down the world's second-longest and highest zip line.
- "The Best Scuba Diving on the Planet" explores the aquarium-like conditions and wildlife at "The Wall," a cliff of coral some 22 miles long, just off the island's south side near the Copamarina Resort.
- "Barefoot Luxury" contains Richard's "Gold List" of the top hotels, resorts and spas on the island.
- "The Best Golfing in Puerto Rico" gives golf pros and enthusiasts alike a feel for the many world-class courses available on the island with World Golf Hall of Famer Chi Chi Rodriquez.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts