MBIA CEO Jay Brown purchased about 62,000 shares of the insurance company Tuesday, bringing his holdings to more than 3.7 million shares. The purchase comes after shares of the company fell more than 20% in three months.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.46 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$424.00 million or 443.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MBIA INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- MBI has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.93% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- MBIA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MBIA INC reported lower earnings of $1.10 versus $6.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.71 versus $1.10).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MBI Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV