- Thomas Nelson Community College – $954.7M: Siemens software will support training in manufacturing process analysis and lifecycle management to expand and modernize manufacturing curriculum in design and process technologies for up to 400 credit students and 2,600 noncredit workforce students to address workforce development needs for area employers, to include Newport News Shipbuilding.
- New River Community College – $64.3M: Siemens’ software to be used in the school’s new the NRCC MakerSpace Lab.
- Old Dominion University – $746M: An academic member of CCAM, the grant will help ODU further expand the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) workforce training programming that provides direct benefits to the regional maritime industry, especially Newport News Shipbuilding and the U.S. Department of Defense. The software will be integrated into existing undergraduate and graduate curriculum and help develop a PLM center of excellence with a focus on marine engineering.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – $230.9M: From robotics to biomechanics, the School of Engineering is partnering with School of Business to develop a program in manufacturing and logistics.
- Virginia State University – $105.6M: The software will support six programs at VSU, an organizing member institution of CCAM: Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering Technology, Logistics Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- ECPI University – $130.3M: The Engineering Technology department will use this software to support hands on practical application and directly benefit industry through three programs – Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology and Mechatronics (Advanced Manufacturing).
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center – $33M: In addition to a $94M in-kind software grant last fall, SVHEC is expanding its use of Siemens PLM software to support digital manufacturing.
Siemens Invests More Than $1 Billion In Software Grants For Virginia Schools To Educate And Train Workers For Manufacturing Industry
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.