NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Best Buy (BBY), Target (TGT) and Walmart (WMT) are all racing to get consumers' mobile business as the three retailers jockey for position on which store has the best deal for Apple (AAPL) iPhones.
Target is running a special for the month of June, where guests can trade in a used working smartphone and receive a $25 Target gift card plus the value of the phone to put towards the purchase of an iPhone 5c or 5s.
Target is currently selling the iPhone 5c 16GB for $29.99 (regularly $99.99) and the iPhone 5s 16GB for $119.99 (regularly $199.99). Target says the pricing is good through June 14, with new two-year contracts via AT&T (T), Verizon (VZ) or Sprint (S).
Not to forget Google (GOOG) Android lovers, now through Saturday, June 7, Target is enticing customers to trade in their older Samsung Galaxy models for the Galaxy S5. According to its Web site, Target customers who trade in their Samsung smartphones will receive a $50 gift card plus the value of the phone to put towards the purchase of Samsung's latest model, the Galaxy S5. Target is selling the Galaxy S5 for $169.99 with contracts via AT&T or Verizon.Walmart is also trying to rev up its tech gadget business, particularly in time for Father's Day. Now through June 7, Walmart is selling the Apple iPad with Retina Display 16GB with Wi-Fi for $399. Customers will also receive a $100 Walmart gift card with purchase. Walmart is offering $50 gift cards to customers who purchase an iPhone 5s or 5c, which the retailer is selling for $149 and $49, respectively. Additionally, now through June 15, Walmart is offering discounts on older model Samsung Galaxy phones. The Galaxy S4 price is reduced by $100 to $499. The Galaxy S3 price is reduced by $50 to $299. Walmart is also offering deals on pre-paid America Movil (AMX) Straight Talk Wireless plans:
- $25 Gift card on Straight Talk $99 Samsung Galaxy Centura Smartphone
- $50 Gift card on Straight Talk $149 Samsung Galaxy Ace Smartphone
- $50 Gift Card for Wireless Contract
- Good for all Samsung and Apple Smartphones (excludes iPhone 4s)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV