Trade-Ideas: First Solar (FSLR) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- FSLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $158.0 million.
- FSLR traded 35,328 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:42 AM.
- FSLR is up 3.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FSLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FSLR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FSLR: First Solar, Inc. provides solar energy solutions worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Components and Systems. FSLR has a PE ratio of 14.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate First Solar a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for First Solar has been 4.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. First Solar has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.13 and a short float of 11.7% with 3.53 days to cover. Shares are up 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First Solar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FSLR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, FSLR has a quick ratio of 2.15, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- FIRST SOLAR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRST SOLAR INC turned its bottom line around by earning $3.61 versus -$1.19 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 26.0% in earnings ($2.67 versus $3.61).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$318.18 million or 578.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, FIRST SOLAR INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full First Solar Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV