- MSG10K is the Leading Carrier-Grade Multi-Service Gateway Product - - MSG10K Already Deployed to Provide Wireless Broadband Access on Softbank 4G/LTE Mobile Network -
HONG KONG, June 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --UTStarcom (Nasdaq:UTSI), a global telecommunications infrastructure provider, announced today that it will market to a global customer base its carrier-class multi-service gateway technology, MSG10K, that combines routing, switching, WLAN gateway and access controller functionalities into a unified multi-core system. The MSG10K helps telecommunications carriers to meet with the skyrocketing customer demand for mobile data and deliver the best mobile experience with the lowest possible capital and operating costs.
UTStarcom's advanced wireless broadband access technology complements its growing portfolio of MPLS-TP and Carrier Ethernet-based packet optical transport products by providing a greater range of products that simplify the process of network planning and deployment. This complementary Wi-Fi data offload technology, enables large-scale mobile operators to integrate of Wi-Fi with the mobile network to realize seamless Wi-Fi and 4G/LTE internetworking. Its capacity to support up to 120,000 access points within one single chassis is unrivaled in the market.The technology is already in commercial deployment on the network of Softbank Mobile in Japan, but UTStarcom is now marketing it to carriers worldwide as demand for it is poised to grow rapidly. According to Infonetics, the global mobile data traffic is surging at a 92% compound annual growth rate, and the global carrier Wi-Fi equipment market is expected to grow at a high double-digit percentage annually at least through 2016 to hit $2.1 billion. "This is a major step forward for UTStarcom's platform of wireless broadband access products and shows how we are leading the industry in wireless broadband technology development. This positions us as a category leader leading a high-growth segment of the market," said William Wong, UTStarcom's Chief Executive Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV